Washing advice for your clothes
– read it cause it’s important if you care about your clothes!
You’re probably wondering why I’m blogging about washing advice all of a sudden? So not Jetset Babe! Well true in a way as doing your laundry is not a part of the glamour world, however it has to be done right? But there are some things I’ve learned the hard way that I’d like to share with you girls, they are important and it’s basic knowledge.
- Washing clothes in a washing machine is like listening to the song “Killing me softly” – because that’s exactly what’s happening.
- Dry clean as much as you can. If you don’t afford it much, then dry clean at least your favorite or most expensive pieces.
- Everything that you cannot dry clean but care about, Hand wash!
- Everyday clothes that you don’t really care that much about, well wash them in the machine, just be aware that clothes “ages” very fast like that.
- It’s important to treat your clothes very delicately because they ruin easy or get a sloppy look which will make you look less expensive.
- Wash clothes only if they smell or have dirt on them. If not, there is no point, you can just hang outdoors for an hour to freshen up naturally.
- Jeans should in reality be washed once every few months. It’s true. Google it if you don’t believe me.
- ALWAYS look at the washing label on the clothes, what instructions are given.
- Don’t throw around your pieces that you love and care for. Hang them carefully in the wardrobe and make sure they don’t get damaged.
- If you care about your clothes and treat them as if they are made out of most delicate material, they will look brand new and you will look rich for longer.
I have ruined so many of my favorites because of laziness, ignorance and just throwing everything all together in the machine and not giving a damn. Now I’ve changed and take good care of my stuff and look fantastic although I’ve been having the items for years. Don’t do my beginner mistakes!