One way to show that you are equally beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside is through consideration. This is something that makes you stand out from women who may look stunning but have personalities that betray them to be somewhat vain, self-obsessed individuals.
A classy woman is caring and considerate.
She’s a lady that shines and makes a quality man take notice.
Here are some practical ways to show consideration:
- A hand-written “Thank you” note is always a nice touch in an age of e-mail and texting.
- If someone is sick, send flowers.
- If someone asks you for something within reason, offer it to them. For example, a waiter wants to steal a chair from your table, and you acquiesce.
- You hold doors for parents with strollers and for elderly women carrying canes.
- You always keep the door open for anyone coming in immediately after you.
- You never make excessive noise, not even when late for the Opera or hosting a party.
- You are punctual. Always!
- You apologize when necessary.
- You listen more than you speak.
But, the best advice I can give you on consideration is to think two steps ahead.
- Who are you meeting?
- What will their needs be?
For example, you await a visiting family with a newborn baby.
How will you make the family more comfortable? You may offer a particular room, extra supplies, or perhaps a night-off while they stay with you.
A considerate woman anticipates the needs of those around her and then adjusts accordingly.
Who are the people around you this week? How can you show more consideration to them?
This is the beginning of a new series for Jetsetbabes on “Inner Beauty.“
Stay tuned for next week’s installment!
Hanifa Yip is a holistic health coach and registered nutritionist with over 20 years of certified teaching experience in fitness. She has recently authored a book for women entitled Healthy with Hanifa: A Woman’s Guide to Holistic Health & Fitness, which is available for purchase on Amazon US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
Hanifa is also a moderator for the “How to be a Lady” Facebook group and posts daily on topics such as class, style, etiquette, and all other issues related to being a lady. She is excited and honoured to be a regular contributor on Jetset Babe, and looking forward to writing articles on fitness, nutrition, and a lady’s lifestyle.