How do some people get invited everywhere?
To all the cool parties, locations, events, happenings etc? What is the secret and how do they manage?
The answer is: Networking!
Getting inside the Jetset world is actually not that hard as long as you know how to play your cards right. Looks will help you a long way, but the most important key is networking.
How to become a successful networker?
- Positive attitude – Bring out the positive from you, smile a lot when you talk to people – but never over do it as that will only look fake! Smile because you mean it not because you want something out of the person (trust me, people will see through you!)
- Bring humour to the table – When you network it’s important to keep the conversation on a light level. A joke here and there is a nice way to interact with people as they will remember you as a fun person. Because next time there will be something happening and they want fun people around, you will be on top of their mind if you left an impression.
- Ask for their contact details – Let it be facebook, whats app or phone number but if you have had a proper conversation with a person, ask for his/her contact details in a natural way with a some excuse like “do you have whats app? would be great staying in touch” bla bla bla. Set it as a goal to always exchange details with a person.
- Always follow up the day after – It’s a networking must to always follow up on exchanged details. Don’t wait for the person to get in touch, be proactive and always message the day after! A phone call can be good if you have something in particular to say, but if you just want to send your greetings then a message is just enough. It doesn’t even need to start a conversation, a general message like “Hi Xxxx, Was great seeing you last night. Hope to stay in touch! Take care xoxo” is perfectly enough and not “too much” (you don’t want to be seen as a creepy stalker 😉 )
- Mingle – If you are at a gathering, event, party, dinner whatever please Mingle for god sake! Be outgoing, make new friends and try talking to as many people as possible. Sitting in a corner will never give you an invite to this or that, but being out there, socialising and networking is how you get your foot in to things!