My new weekly beauty routine
– Home Facial
I’ve previously mentioned I have my particular routines. On thursdays It’s cleaning of the house & laundry so I don’t need to think about it during the weekend, and on sundays I do all my beauty stuff. However I’ve been cheating a bit with my beauty routines but now I’ve decided to get it back on track again. An add on will be a proper home made facial & steam once a week as my skin has seen better days in life – it’s a complete mess at the moment!
My new beauty routine (done every sunday evening before bed time):
My 5 step home Facial
- Clean – Cleanse twice with face wash to remove all make up and excess products. Use hot water to open up the pores.
- Exfoliate – Take your fingers and use a facial exfoliating scrub to really cleanse those pores. Don’t use to much pressure rubbing as the skin is very delicate, however give a little bit of extra rub in the problem areas of your face.
- Steam – There are many ways to steam your face to open up your pores – my favorite is the traditional “heat up boiled water in a pot and dip your face above it covered with a cloth”. I usually leave it for 15 min but then again my pores are quite clogged so it’s very individual how long you should do it for.
- Mask – Depending on your skin type and problem area, a clay mask is great if you have oily skin while a gel mask can hydrate your dry skin. I have acne prone skin and make my own miracle mask by crushing aspirin and mixing together with yoghurt or honey. After my skin feels smooth like a baby.
- Hydrate – Last step of the facial is to apply a good amount of a hydrating moisturizer. Your skin will absorb it and just let it work it’s wonders.
As an add on to my beauty routine I also take the opportunity to tweeze & color my eye brows, remove any facial hair and bleach my teeth if I feel it’s getting time for that.
What you need for your home facial:
- Exfoliating facial scrub
- Facial Mask
- Moistuirizing cream