Do you want to look classy in less than 1 minute? Put on a turtleneck!
Someone asked me recently what I consider to be the 5 must-have pieces in a classy wardrobe – the turtleneck is a given top 1. It’s one amazing piece of clothing that is very basic and standard, but it signals high class when you wear it!
But let me try and convince you with 17 more reasons why you must own – and wear one!
1. Turtlenecks can be bought in highstreet shops (like the one in this picture / ZARA) because most of the time they will look expensive.
2. They are warming for fall and winter weather!
3. They don’t belong to a particular style, you can wear them with anything!
4. They are perfect to wear on daytime outings…
5. …or even at night!
6. If you have matching pants, you can even make it your “casual cozy clothes”.
7. Colour matching with your camel coat just signals luxury…
8. They are perfect on days when you want to be comfortable and cozy, yet looked kind of dressed up.
9. On “in between day” (when it’s sunny but still cold) they are perfect heaters without being bulky.
10. The black turtleneck will make anyone look intellectual and smart. A must have if you work in the arts scene…
11. Perhaps the turtleneck is the best to-go item on casual days when you want to look representable, even if combining with a pair of jeans!
12. It will protect your throat from catching a cold. Great on those days you don’t want to wear a scarf!
13. If you have large breasts, the turtleneck will certainly tone them down and bring out a more “serious” impression of you.
14. Turtlenecks can be figure fitted, slightly larger and oversized, yet look equally chic!
15. You get away more with wearing a short skirt with a turtleneck, than you would wearing a short skirt with a normal top. It just looks less provocative, and may work very well if you style it correctly.
16. If you go skiing, make sure to pack at least one turtleneck. It just goes so well with the whole mountain look.
17. Whenever you want people to take you more serious, wether it be on a job interview, at work, going out networking – a turtleneck will help you leave a professional impression on people. They just always work and you can always count on them!
If you enjoy my content about how to improve yourself to become a classier version of yourself, you should definitely check out my ebook “How to be classy”. There I go over in detail everything you need to know to upgrade yourself and take your life to the next level… Nobody is born classy, but it’s something we learn over time! Get the book here!