Amal Alamuddin & George Clooney
– The Love Story
Amal Alamuddin is a perfect example of an inspiring Jet set Babe. She’s got beauty, brains, business and married the bachelor of Hollywood – George Clooney.
Who is she? Why is she so perfect?
And how the heck did she manage to marry – after only knowing the person for a year – a guy who is famous for his saying that he will never get married again? Let’s find out.
Born: February 3rd, 1978
Place of birth: Beirut, Lebanon
Grew up in: Buckinghamshire, England
Currently living: London, England
Family: Father “Ramzi Alamuddin” – University professor, Mother “Baria” – respected journalist and foreign affairs commentator. Sister Tala and brothers Samer and Ziad.
Languages: Fluent in British english, Arabic, French
- Girls grammar school (where she won a scholarship to attend Oxford)
- Law degree at St Hugh’s College at Oxford University
- Law school at the New York University School of Law
- Internship for the supreme court justice, Sonia Sotomayor
Career: After graduating law school Amal joined the litigation department of New York law firm Sullivan & Cromwell, where she practiced US and international law for three years.
She is now working for the Doughty street firm in England where she specialises in international law, human rights, extradiction and criminal law.
She is also a published author with the book “The Law and practice of the special tribunal for Lebanon”.
Amal has in her work represented important clients such as Julian Assange, Kofi Annan, former Ukrainian prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko, king of Bahrain and others.
Amal Alamuddin & George Clooney
– The love story
George has been married once, in 1993, and has sworn to never get married again because he described himself to be a “lousy husband”.
Since then he has been in the dating scene non stop, covering A-listers, models, waitresses and other women of showbiz.
But what made George fall involve with Amal and only after one year of knowing each other – end his promise that he kept to himself for 21 years to never get married again, to actually walk down the isle for the second time?
Amal is not like the average woman out there. She is far away from the attention seeking girls that Clooney seemed to continually encounter.
She is described to be a woman who has both brain and humour. She carries an important job role on her shoulders yet have the time to not take life or herself too seriously. People describe her as a humorous but extremely intelligent woman, simply a man’s dream!
They got introduced to each other by a friend in common, at a charity fundraiser in September 2013 while Clooney was dating model Monika Jakisic.
A the event Clooney got interested in Amal and asked her for her number which she refused to give him, saying she was too busy.
According to Amal’s girlfriend, Amal has very high standard for the man she was looking for, almost non existing high! Like a mr too perfect to ever find.
With Clooney’s reputation of being a bachelor and not able to commit for long, was not appealing to the 36 year old successful human rights lawyer.
She turned him down twice, but George did not give up. He managed to somehow find her email and started to send flirty messages to her.
He was being very up front and jokefully wrote things as “I think the reported hottest man in the world should meet with the hottest human rights lawyer in the world.”
Amal found his emails to be funny, but she waited a few days before she replied. Once she replied the ball started rolling and it has never stopped between the newlyweds.
February 2014 was their first official appearance together at the White House screening of Clooney’s movie The Monuments Men.
Besides important guests like Barack Obama, it was also the first time Amal met Clooney’s parents.
A month later, it was George’s turn to get introduced to the family of Amal.
Amal was actually not 100% perfect when Clooney finally got her to be his. She was a full time smoker and according to friends – dropped it immediately after Clooney asked her. A few months of cold turkey an Amal is now completely smoke free. Good job!
Clooney proposed to Amal after making her a home cooked meal in his house, nothing fancy but casual just the way their relationship is.
The ring has en estimated value of $750,000 being a 7-carat, emerald cut diamond set in a platinum band.
On September 27th, 2014 was the big day in Venice when Amal Alamuddin became Mrs. Clooney.
– Amal played hard to get – hey it worked! Especially with men “who are hard to get”
– Amal refused to give out her number – and because Clooney was truly interested in her, he did not give up but found a way of contacting her anyway.
– Amal waited a few days to reply to George’s first steps of initiating contact – another cliché of keeping the men hanging and waiting, seems also to be working extremely well.
– Amal has a life of her own – she was never desperate for a man even though her biological clock was ticking. Men find this to be attractive because it is different type of behaviour compared to the average woman.
– Because Amal has a busy lifestyle, she is never 100% available. That makes her even more interesting because her time is very limited and exclusive, making her entire essence feel “exclusive”.
– Amal is intelligent, funny, clever yet quirky. Non stereotype girls of this kind keep their men interested, because they can never become fully figured out which men adore.
– Amal know’s she is a good catch and is not afraid of keeping her standards high. She truly knew what she could get and sticked to it until she found what she deserved.
– Interestingly enough Amal is not the one who will be running after George. He is moving from the states to London where she is based and have a career going for her. Usually it is the other way around, where the woman is adapting to the man’s lifestyle.
I find Amal to set a great example for the modern women.
It’s not inspiring seeing all the clingy, naive, lazy, ambitious-less and desperate women ruining the image “of the average woman”.
The average women can be ambitious. Successful. Confident and beautiful with a large dose of self respect and humour. This is the new generation of women making an entrance and I get really proud of people like Amal setting an example.